Barossa Food and Wine Experience
Normal Price: $175.00
Please note: The Brilliant Benefits Members price is available on new bookings made between 01/04/22 and 30/06/22. Tours are valid for travel until 31/03/23.
Enjoy a full day food & wine journey to South Australia’s premium wine region, the Barossa. Take time to sample some of the Barossa’s finest wines and gourmet food that makes this wine region so special. On this tour you will visit the new Barossa Valley Chocolate Company, the famous Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop and two award winning cellar doors.
DURATION: Full Day (8 hours)
Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day)
DEPARTS: 9.15am - Adelaide Central Bus Station (ACBS) or selected Adelaide Hotels
RETURNS: 5.15pm – (ACBS)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please phone Adelaide Sightseeing on 1300 769 762 to reconfirm your pick up and drop off locations 48 hours prior to travelling.
INCLUSIONS & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Morning pick-up and evening set down at selected Adelaide Hotels
- Full day guided small group tour including:
- Morning tea and wine tastings at the multi-tourism award winning Pindarie Cellar Door, Gomersal
- Visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop^
- Gourmet 2 course lunch and structured wine tasting at Lambert Estate, Angaston
- Mengler Hill Lookout for views over the Barossa
- Enjoy house made chocolates paired with wine at Barossa Valley Chocolate Company
- Expert commentary by local Driver/Guide
Travel through the city of Adelaide northwards to the world renowned Barossa wine region. Enjoy the change of scenery as you make your way into the vineyards of South Australia’s premium wine region.
Your first stop is Pindarie, a multi-tourism award winning cellar door, which feels more like an Australian Homestead than a cellar door. The friendly staff share their stories behind the wines as you sample their famous blends in the heritage stables. Sit back and admire their stunning vineyard views while you enjoy some morning tea.
The next stop is a visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop, an absolute must whilst visiting the Barossa. Learn about Maggie Beer - the cook, writer and founder of 'Maggie Beer Products', and enjoy tastings of her full product range including limited edition seasonal produce. You can also browse amongst her personally selected regional specialty goods, purchase one of her signed books or simply sit back and take in the view.
On arrival at Lambert Estate at Angaston, you will enjoy a structured wine tasting whilst sampling local seasonal produce from gourmet platters. Main course follows, and is a feast for the senses, with two signature dishes, salad and vegetables. You may wish to purchase a glass of wine from the impressive wine selection, or enjoy a coffee accompanied with their popular Chocolatier (Chocolate Port).
Leaving Lambert Estate, travel to Mengler Hill Lookout for sweeping views over the valley and then onto Barossa Valley Chocolate Company your final stop for the day. Here you will taste house made chocolates paired with Vineyard Road’s handcrafted wines which will be a great way to finish off your Barossa Food & Wine Experience.
- Itinerary subject to change and some of the inclusions may be replaced temporarily without notice. Refer to the Adelaide Sightseeing website for dates with changes in itinerary.
- ^Maggie Beer's Farm Shop is unavailable on selected public holidays and peak season travel dates. Passengers will have free time to explore the picturesque estate of Seppeltsfield Barossa including the JamFactory, Vasse Virgin and optional afternoon tea at the Octeine Cafe (own expense).
- This tour is not recommended for children.
- If you have any special dietary requirements please contact us and let us know.