K'gari 2 Day Tour (Fraser Island)
Normal Price: $599.00
Please note: The Brilliant Benefits Members price is available on new bookings made between 01/04/22 and 30/06/22. Promoted discounted price is based on per person, twin share staying in a Resort Hotel Room at K'Gari Beach Resort and valid for travel until 31/03/23. Prices may vary when booking to travel after 1st April 2023.
Discover the best of Fraser Island on a curated two-day adventure with the local experts. See the iconic attractions of Lake McKenzie, 75 Mile Beach, and the Maheno shipwreck PLUS have time to swim at the northern Champagne Pools and hike across an ancient sandblow into the emerald green oasis of Lake Wabby.
This new tour represents the BEST VALUE experience on Fraser Island in 2022!
✔ Two-day accommodated tour
✔ Includes breakfast, lunches, transfers, and permits
✔ Fraser Island's most comprehensive itinerary
✔ Small group experiences (maximum 24 guests)
✔ UNESCO World Heritage-listed locations
✔ Award-winning touring team
✔ 2020 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice
✔ FREE Cancellations up to 48 hours prior to departure
You’ll explore the world’s largest sand island from the comfort of a custom-built 4WD coach, as you learn about the ecology, wildlife, and history of this special place.
The local Butchulla custodians call the island “K’gari”, which means paradise, and once you arrive, you’ll soon see why…
|Operates||Depart Hervey Bay: Tuesday to Saturday: 24Apr to 16Sep 2022, 4Oct to 16Dec 2022 and 23Jan to 31Mar 2023. Daily: 17 Sept to 3 Oct 2022 and 17 Dec22 to 22Jan23. Depart Rainbow Beach: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday|
|Departs||Your two-day tour begins with a pick-up from your local Hervey Bay or Rainbow Beach accommodation|
- Courtesy pick up from your accommodation in Hervey Bay or Rainbow Beach (please enter pick up destination when booking online)
- Return ferry transfers to Fraser Island
- 1 night accommodation at K'gari Beach Resort
- 2 full-day guided 4WD touring
- Breakfast and lunch (1 breakfast, 1 resort lunch, 1 picnic lunch) Dinner at leisure and guest’s own expense
- National Park Fees
- Foreign Language Guide App is available
Here's what you'll see:
- Central Station - View the interp displays and let out guides provide insight into a former logging station that was once the hub of a bustling timber industry.
- Wanggoolba Creek - Discover ancient King Ferns as you stroll along the Central Station boardwalk, purposely built alongside the clear fresh water creek. You might even spot marine life.
- Pile Valley – Walk through subtropical rainforests growing in sand and learn about the island’s famous Satinay Trees. The diverse forests are included in the Queen’s Commonwealth Canopy.
- Lake McKenzie - Enjoy a revitalising swim in the fresh, crystal blue water and relax on the sandy white silica beaches of this picture-perfect perched dune lake.
- 75 Mile Beach – Sit back and cruise the golden beach highway – the ‘spine of K’gari’, running from Hook Point to Great Sandy Cape. During this journey, take an extra opportunity to join the Air Fraser team for a scenic flight over the island.
- Eli Creek - Relax on the sandy banks, wade through the invigorating shallow waters or drift down stream – the fastest flowing creek on the island is sure to revitalise your mind, body and soul.
- Maheno Shipwreck - Learn the intriguing history of this once proud passenger liner that was washed ashore in 1935 during an out-of-season cyclone. While you’re at it, take the chance to stretch your legs and take a holiday snap with this rusting wreck.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands - One of K’gari’s more magical locations, you will hear the Dreamtime story of how these rainbow coloured cliffs came to be.
- Indian Head – Visit the most easterly point of the island, marine life such as turtles and rays are often spotted in the waters around the base of this rocky headland as you travel along 75 Mile Beach.
- Champagne Pools – Stimulate your senses and take a dip in a natural ocean jacuzzi, a natural rock pool filled by crashing waves.
- Lake Wabby - Trek across the shifting golden sands of the Hammerstone sandblow, and arrive at this hidden gem; a window and barrage lake, with glistening emerald green depths. (Please note: this is a 4km return walk through bushland and across soft sands - a moderate fitness level is required. The Lake Wabby walk is an optional activity).
Say yes to an unforgettable adventure experience and tick Fraser Island off your bucket list this year!
To book this offer, use the following promo code and follow the link.Book now