Ultimate Adelaide & Hahndorf
Normal Price: $154.00
Please note: The Brilliant Benefits Members price is available on new bookings that travel between 1 April 2023 and 31 March 2024. Price may vary for bookings that travel from 1 April 2024.
The Ultimate Adelaide tour takes you beyond the city’s CBD to experience the city and delightful Adelaide Hills. From the towering Mt. Lofty Summit Lookout to chocolate tastings, you’ll get to see all of Adelaide’s highlights on this great full day tour.
DURATION: Full Day (8 hours)
OPERATES: Tuesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday (excluding Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Years Day)
DEPARTS: 9.15am - Adelaide Central Bus Station (ACBS) or selected Adelaide Hotels
RETURNS: 5.15pm – (ACBS)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please phone Adelaide Sightseeing on 1300 769 762 to reconfirm your pick up and drop off locations 48 hours prior to travelling.
INCLUSIONS & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Morning pick-up and evening set down at selected Adelaide Hotels
- Expert commentary by local Driver/Guide
- Adelaide city sights
- Adelaide’s Cultural Boulevard of North Terrace - University, Library, Art Gallery & Museum
- Historic North Adelaide
- Photo stop at St Peters Cathedral or the famous Adelaide Oval
- National Wine Centre of Australia
- Mount Lofty Summit Lookout
- Drive past Bridgewater Mill water wheel and the villages of Crafers, Stirling and Aldgate
- Stop at the Beerenberg Farm Shop
- Free time in the German village of Hahndorf with afternoon tea or beer tastings
Your driver/guide will introduce you to this delightful city, surrounded by parklands with a blend of historic buildings, wide streets, cafés and restaurants. Drive past Adelaide's cultural precinct - North Terrace, the National Wine Centre, Adelaide Botanic Gardens and the beautiful Botanic Park, home to the Bicentennial Conservatory and the Adelaide Zoo. Continue through historic North Adelaide, where you’ll see tree-lined streets, mansions and historic buildings.
A stop will be made at the National Wine Centre of Australia, located on the edge of Adelaide’s stunning Botanic Gardens where you will have free time to explore the Wine Discovery Journey Museum. Your morning will also include a photo stop at the iconic St Peters Cathedral (subject to availability) or the newly developed Adelaide Oval precinct.
After a lunch break (not included), enjoy a scenic drive to Mount Lofty Summit, Adelaide’s highest peak. Take in the spectacular views of the city and the coastline - a perfect photo opportunity. Wind your way through the Adelaide Hills villages of Crafers, Stirling, Aldgate and Bridgewater before arriving at the Beerenberg Farm Shop, where there is time to taste and purchase from their full range of products. Then it’s on to Hahndorf, Australia’s oldest German settlement.
Enjoy afternoon tea or a traditional German beer tasting at the very popular Hahndorf Inn before spending the afternoon exploring the main street of Hahndorf where you can sample local produce, check out the local arts and crafts.
- This tour is made up of the morning Adelaide City Highlights (AS14) and afternoon Adelaide Hills & Hahndorf (AS13) tours with free time in between.
- Lunch is not included but passengers are encouraged to enjoy nearby restaurants and the Adelaide Central Market for lunch. The Adelaide Central Market is open Tuesday to Saturday but most restaurants nearby are open 7 days.
- Itinerary subject to change and some of the inclusions may be replaced temporarily without notice. Refer to the Adelaide Sightseeing website for dates with changes in itinerary.
- Generally, this tour is not recommended for children and infants 0-2 years travel free of charge on this tour provided they do not occupy a seat. If you need to book with an infant, please let us know in the comments when booking.